Panagia Vreomeni Monastery is an impressive monastic complex which probably dates from the Byzantine period. The Monastery church belongs to the type of monochrome domed church and came up from to construction phases.
The original church, was built in 1400 and during the 16th century an overhead narthex was added. The interior of the original church is full of wall paintings that are sample production paintings of Crete in the early 15th century while the 16th century constructions have richness and originality in the decorative motifs. The monastery is currently today inactive and belongs to Meseleroi Parish.